• Bravo Empowered Women Awards
• ZCME’s Psychological Center for Sexually Abused Children
• EWSP (Empowering Women Scholarship Program)
➢ Break the Silence
➢ ZONTA-MAKATI’S EWSP
• NO TO TEEN PREGNANCY AND MARRIAGE
• Other Services
➢ Addressing Women’s Health
➢ Fluoride for Kids’ Health
➢ HNH Program
➢ Livelihood Programs
PSYCHOLOGICAL CENTER FOR SEXUALLY ABUSED CHILDREN
ZCME Psychological Center is Zonta Club of Makati & Environs’ longest running project. Established in 1997 (18 years ago), the Psych Center has provided continuous psychological care for raped, sexually abused, trafficked girls as well as children who have been involved in sexual commerce. In recognition of our services, the Department of Social Welfare and Development has awarded the club with national citations for the past 18 years and has recognized the advocacy as the longest running NGO-based project in the institution.
The psychological center has a staff of 2 full time psychological therapists and a host of volunteers.
-Family counseling for relatives of the children.
-Interview and formation of statements to be used in the legal forum in order to effectively prosecute the perpetrators.
-Coordination and facilitation of Art as Healing sessions
-Coordination and facilitation of Performing Arts Workshops (Dance, Vocals, Theater)
– Coordination and facilitation of Cultural Field Trips (Museums, Theater and Ballet)
– Coordination of English and Math tutoring (group and individual with volunteers as tutors)
– Coordination and partial facilitation of Workshops on Sexual Health, Children and Women’s Rights.
– Coordination with psychiatrists for children with serious psychological issues.
Marillac Hills is a government institution that has functioned as a haven for sexually-abused/raped/trafficked children in the entire Philippines. At any given time about 200- 300+ children are placed in Marillac Hills as wards of the state while their cases are pending in court. An overwhelming number of these children are depressed and all have experienced trauma.
The length of a court case varies. A child may stay in Marillac Hills for 6 months or 10 years. It is quite common for a child to have no home to return to once her case has been settled.
IKONS IN CIRCLES MAY 14 2015 PART 1
IKONS IN CIRCLES MAY 14 2015 PART 2
IKONS IN CIRCLES MAY 14 2015 PART 3